Thursday, May 29, 2008

Time Flies...


I am just sitting here reflecting on the past 6 months, and I'm in awe of how fast the time went! Drew had his six month doctor's appointment today and as usual he flirted with every lady possible especially the front desk lady... It was quite cute!! Now for the stats: He is 18lbs 14oz & 27 1/4" long both of which are in the 75 percentile. His head size was 17" which is in the 25 percentile. You will notice the weight is down a little...God is answering my prayer, Drew is almost 100% off formula. In the past week he has only had 5 bottles equaling 15 oz. He would normally drink more than that in a day. I am confident that we will be completely done with it soon. Today was the first day in three days he had any. Back to the appointment: the funniest part about the appointment was right when they were getting ready to do the shots he got up on his elbows and looked at both nurses with a worried face, which was red from using his tummy muscles. It was the talk of the office!

Now to the fun stuff, I am listing what has happened in the last 6 months of his life:

Drew has learned & done (no particular order):
-Smile
-Play Peek-a-Boo
-Laugh
-Reach & Grab
-Raspberries
-Using Bumbo
-Goober (aka slobber)
-2 Flights (Seattle-St. Louis, St. Louis- Palm Springs)
-Sleeping through night (started about 3 months)

Just since 4 months:
-Clap
-Sit Up
-Roll Over
-Jump
-Eat Solids (rice cereal, avocado, banana, carrots, sweet potatoes, prunes, peas, pears)
-Reach for us
-Copy Us (with squeal, clap, bang toys together, sounds)
-Starting to Wave
-Gab
-Sippy Cup (He knew right where it went, still learning the sucking process though)
-Napping
-First swim
-Bashful moments (sometimes when someone reaches for him)
-Sitting in High Chair & Shopping Cart
-Swing
-First Cough & Congestion
-Flight (St. Louis- Boise)
-Holding Bottle on own
-Discovered Hands, Feet, Toes, Tongue

Whew, I think that is most of it, I'm sure there is something I'm forgetting. I am just a proud Mama!! Enjoy the pic below, this is what Drew's face looked like when he got the shots. Although this time he was all smiles once I picked him up.

1 comments:

~The White family~ said...

I love that last picture!!! He's so cute!!! Isn't it just amazing how fast this time goes!?