Friday, May 23, 2008

What's Up in Hagerhjelm Land!!

Let me update you on whats happening since I returned from Idaho.. Drew came home with a cough, which we thought was just due to the dry air in Idaho, but we were wrong. So, we took Drew to the doctor for the first time, outside of his regular appointments, since the cough was waking him up at night. The appointment went well, they said he just caught a little of the cold Robby & Ang had, but he had no infections. So, they told us to get a plug in Vick's thing to use at night in his room. Talk about potent, I think we are even cleaning out our neighbors' sinuses!! Now we just wait as they said he could have the cough for 7-10 days. Since using the Vick's thingy everything is definitely draining, he is now congested, but it doesn't seem to be bothering him. Oh by the way the most shocking news is Drew weighs...drum roll please.... 19lbs 7oz...can you believe it??????

Before our big trip Drew was napping well, however he decided to take a vacation from it. So, we had to bring the swing back out when we returned home and today (Thursday) he finally took 2 naps again. We are starting over... I am just glad he took naps today as he has been restless these last few nights, his little body needed the rest. I really think he is teething on top of everything else. I am just waiting for a tooth!

Drew's menu has grown since being in Idaho.. beside cereal and avocado he has added peas, banana, sweet potato, and today he tried a little pear. The jury is still out about the pears, but he loves peas and tolerates sweat potatoes. I will eventually be making all of his food, however as we are sampling new things every 4 days I just want to see what he is responding well to. So far no allergic reactions! I have carrots and prunes on deck!!

We went down to Carbondale, IL this past weekend, to throw a baby shower for Leslie whose little Katelyn is due June 20th. We had tons of fun and got to visit some special people.

Leslie & Phil: Parents-to-be

Nick- My Adopted Little Bro (Hey Girls he is Single, cute huh?)


Me with Grandma Rachel (she is one of my most favorite people in the whole world)


I love the 5 month stage, Drew seems to be learning so much. In Idaho he finally rolled over (back to front), but he has not done it since...boy he takes his sweet time. He definitely doesn't like to perform on command. He is also obsessed with his toes, every time they are in his sight he goes for them and in his mouth they go. His newest thing is using all he has to try and sit up. He is so close to getting there, right now he can sit up for periods of time before falling over.


I would have to say he is sooooo much like his daddy when it comes to figuring things out, he will just study it, for example his hands...he will be nursing then pull off to study how his hand moves back and forth with such a serious face. Then back to nursing he will go.





He is just growing up to fast. I love watching his personality develop! He has become such a laid back happy boy. There is nothing that melts my heart more than his smile! That is all the updates you get for now...are you still awake?! Until next time!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So....when do we get to enjoy this little man?? Are you ever coming home to Washington? Would love to see you guys, but it's nice to see you on the blog at least. Take care!

The Holden Family said...

baby toes are the best!!